April 8, 2011

My Living Room Devine Design

Living Room Update: I created a coastal "mood board" for my vision of our future living room space. This was so much fun to put together, and I'm sure I'll add to it as I do my obsessive searching research online.


The sofa is from JCPenneys (and can be found here). Not only is this sofa adorbs, but it also has FABulous reviews! The main points I'm looking for in a sofa are: white slipcover (cuz let's face it, you can't get any beachier than that!), comfortable (but not TOO comfy), good structure (where we won't have to replace it in 2 years), good price ($800 or less), and a sofa that will stand the test of time (i.e. pets, stains, rips/tears, etc.). Is that really so much to ask!? I don't think so. Oh yeah, and to accent this beautifil white dream, I'll add in some vibrant colored throw pillows, in nautical themes of course!

The "media console" is really a sofa table, but hey it does the job. It too comes from Penneys, and can be found here. It's actually the perfect height for us (eye level and the top of the table is about 2-3 inches underneath our chair rail-yay!). I love the beachy look it gives with the antique white rustic finish, and the openings for baskets! (YAY baskets!). All in all, I just L.O.V.E. this piece (now I just have to muster up the marbles to pay $300 for it) FML :(

Next up is the coffee table/trunk. I found this beauty at Target for a bargain of $79.99! Score! I just love playing with textures. Rattans/Jutes/Linen/Burlap/and wood all kinds.

Last is the chair/side table/lamp combo. I found these babies on Google images by typing in random thoughts. I probably will not end up going with the exact pieces, but will def go with similar styles of all three. You get the idea.

So there you have it! I just LURVE how this turned out...What do you guys think??

No comments:

Post a Comment